About the Walstad Voice Studio

I am a classically trained vocal teacher based in the Ranches of Eagle Mountain, Utah. I graduated with a degree in Vocal Performance from BYU in 2010. My training there emphasized the pedagogy of teaching voice as well as my own skill development. Since then I have worked at a local music academy teaching private lessons, as well as maintaining a small home studio.

 My students focused in the areas of musical theater and classical singing have placed at regional competitions. I also have an extensive Jazz background.   

As a teacher I believe it is important to build a great foundation for singing at a young age. I emphasize flow phonation, even-scale, resonance, and proper breathing techniques with even my youngest students.

I work with students with all kinds of musical aspirations from auditioning into an advanced choirs, musicals, operas, colleges and competing in local/regional competitions, to wanting to be more confident in the singing voice. My well-rounded approach is also appropriate for people who are excited to learn how to read music or sing for their own personal development, and fun!

I recommend that students wait until they are at least 12 to start voice lessons, although will accept students younger after a trial lesson. Adult students are more than welcome in my studio.

I teach lessons in my home studio and provide 30 minute to hour long lessons.

Pricing is as follows:

30 minute lesson - $20
45 minute lesson - $30
1 hr lesson - $35
Lessons fees can be paid weekly or monthly (at the beginning of the month).

Students are recommended to practice for at least 5 sessions a week from 15-30 minutes depending on age and ability.

Call or text 425-698-0505 for more information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Summer!